We need your help to carry out a life's mission
Throughout her life's work, Barbara Maizie was renowned as an iconic leader: an "advocate's advocate", an innovative force and a caring mentor. Her career, spanning forty-two years of service at VistAbility (formerly Contra Costa ARC), was instrumental in the creation, preservation, and evolution of life-enhancing supports for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
Some examples of costs funded include:
- Camp scholarships to attend specialized summer camps
- College tuition and textbooks
- Work attire to wear to a new job
- Assistive equipment like communication devices, ergonomic supports, mobility aids
- Emergency funds to be available to participants in crisis (i.e. encountering homelessness, emergency travel).